Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happiness

The latest photography assignment on The Pioneer Woman's site is "happiness." A relative term, and let me tell you, there have been some AWESOME pictures posted.

You should seriously go check it out. Go here.
There are loads of great pics, but the one that I have adored is this one:


I don't know the people. I didn't take the picture. I right-clicked it to borrow for my blog, just to make sure you saw the awesome picture. The moment is amazing and if I were them I'd frame that picture in a great big 16x20 print and hang it in my house. It just speaks to my heart on so many levels. From the caption, I believe this baby is just a week or two old, meeting daddy for the first time as he gets home from Iraq. It's amazing isn't it? I'd love to see other pictures from this moment. There are many other awesome ones, go scroll through her last several posts.
My pics, while depicting happiness in my little household...didn't make the cut of course. But I love them nonetheless. Here are the few that I submitted to the pool:
How would you photograph happiness? I didn't get a chance to purposely try to shoot it this week, I just worked with some of my old pictures. I have yet to get a chance to really take off with my camera and just pretend to be a photographer for a few hours, but one of these days, I'm going to do just that!

No comments: