Friday, March 20, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things....

....(Is the song in your head yet? When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when i'm feeling saaaadddd...I think of a few of my favorite things...and then I don't feel sooooo badddddd)....

I thought I needed to get myself a blog post done, and since I've had a busy week of just trying to keep the girls entertained during spring break; I have decided to share a few of my favorite things with you. Just five. Because Lord knows I might need to do another post like this someday :)

1. I love church camp. Loved going to it growing up, loved working at one, love them. It is a happy place...and was always so much better than my "real life"...because popularity wasn't an issue, everyone was nice because we all had Jesus in our heart. It is a great thing. Everyone should get to go to church camp at least one time in their life. I always thought it would be AWESOME to own a church camp someday...but I doubt that I will ever get to!
2. Doritos and dip. Specifically, AE (Anderson/Erikson) Party dip. My cousin Danica and I always share in this fabulous snack when we get together and catch up on life. Danica always has to bring the dip because they don't sell it where we live.
3. Friends. Friends make my world go 'round. I love my friends. My heart aches when friendships seem to change....I take friendships so personally and to heart...which is fine and dandy when I have friends who know I'm high maintenance like that and "Show me the love"; but which causes me to drive myself crazy when they don't know that ;) But I love friends. Old ones and new ones.
4. Smutty romance novels. I love quick reads, and those red paperback Harlequin or Silhouette romances fit the bill for me. I have branced out in the last year thanks to my friend Debbi, but my old fallback when looking for something to read is grabbing the newest smutty romance novel off the shelf at wal-mart.
5. Massages. I wish I could afford one-a-week. They are so relaxing. I love feeling the knots in my muscles getting worked out of me. I like chatting with the masseuse. Or dozing off. If you ever feel like buying me a present, a massage is a good way to go!

What are a few of your favorite things?
Oh and one more.... I love weekends where Matt is not working Saturdays. That is this weekend....yipppeeee!

Have a great one--

No comments: