Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring and all that has Sprung

It is 730 in the morning and Brooke is still sleeping. That is the only perk of Springing-forward with my children, is that they are thrown off a bit and sleep later for a week or two. I don't know about you, but the time changes have always seriously screwed brooke up (and created some major grumpiness), no matter which direction the time change goes. I'll have to type fast and then go wake her up. I'd much rather be back in bed myself!

Sweet Hannah is still not herself and it is stressing me out. She was doing pretty good thru the mid-to-end of the week last week, but Saturday morning when she woke up she had a lot of congestion and was hacking away on it. She was still in pretty decent spirits on Saturday.... but Saturday night she didn't sleep worth a darn and Sunday was not a good day. She woke up at 7 (remember this would be the usual 6a.m.) and we couldn't get her back down, so she snuggled in bed with us for awhile. Brooke and I went to church and left Hannah and Matt at home. All day long it was a battle to get any food or drink down her. She just swats away anything you bring near her mouth. The poor thing does not feel good, but she's going to feel a lot worse if we end up back in the hospital because she gets dehydrated. Thankfully, while Brooke and I were gone last night, Matt got about 4 ounces of pedialyte down her by finally putting it in a bottle, followed by 6 ounces of milk. I hope that was enough! I didn't hear her fussing last night at all and she's still asleep, so I'm hoping we are on the road back to normalcy! Then the next hurdle will be broadening her eating repetoire!

I've been doing much better about eating lately and I am hoping it is paying off. I've bounced around the same 7 lbs for about a month now (my own fault), so I'm hoping I will finally see that middle digit on the scale drop and we'll start a downward trend. I need more flexibility in my life than to just follow a specific plan, but I bought the "Biggest Loser 30 Day jump start" book and have been loosely eating according to those menu plans. I've tried to really watch my intake of carbs--white ones especially-- and that seems to be helping. I'm not one of those totally anti-carb people, but I am seeing that protein and vegetables seem to hold me over longer. They just don't taste as good as carbs do...!

I better go get the kids moving. Please do say a prayer that Hannah gets back to her normal self, and that I keep being successful in my fitness endeavors. I would like to look decent for the cruise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have any great ideas on how to cut back on carbs and eat more protein and veggies. . .let me know. That is so hard. I love your music player. . Ice Ice Baby and Pump Up the Jam. . oh, the good 'ole days. :)

I told Ryan the other day that you are a travel agent specializing in Disney vacations and he got so excited. When Olivia is about five years old, we are going to plan a huge trip to Orlando!

Jodi said...

Oh, and I guess you know Jamie Southern? She is Lindy and Will's mom and you went to highschool together? What a small world.