Friday, March 6, 2009

Career day

First off-- Happy Birthday Ryan!!!!
my baby brother turns 25 today!
****************************************
Today is career day at Brooke's preschool. They've had guest speakers this week come and talk about their careers (myself included). She has been looking forward to today for weeks. "Is it career day yet?" Today, they got to dress up in an outfit that depicts what they want to be when they grow up.

Back in September, I saw this on the school calendar. I asked her then what she wanted to be when she grows up. I asked her again in December. I asked her last month. The answer has always been the same.

"I just want to be married" she says....
And so.... she dressed up like a bride. Is this desire hereditary? Or is it simply all little girls' dream...to be the ultimate princess someday? I don't know. I know that one of my biggest fears for a long time (particularly high school and college) was that I would never find "the one" and I'd be destined to be an "old maid" which I really did not want to be. Fortunately, Matt rescued me from that fate. I won't expand on this commentary other than to say that sometimes I wonder why I was so worried about that...! So this desire to be married is now something in my daughter's heart. We must be doing something right in our marriage, if she thinks it's "all that."
Regardless, I bet she's the most beautiful girl at career day today. I wonder if any of the little boys will propose.... I think she's holding out for Chase right now though :)
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

How cute is she? As a child, doesn't it seem so simple to grow up to be a wife and mother? Over the last few years, I've learned that sometimes it might be easier to be a doctor or lawyer. At least you can devise and plan and carry through with it to make it happen. Finding a mate and getting pregnant. . .is out of our hands. Anyway, didn't mean to ramble on. You and your husband must truly be a shining example to your doctor of what it means to be married and in love. That's the best gift that you can give your child, I believe.