Saturday, November 5, 2011

Traditions: A Christmas Vacation Tribute

Alert: This post includes many youtube video links. To get the full effect of this post, please view the youtube videos. It will increase the funny-factor of this post ten-fold. Thank you. (and if your computer doesn't open the youtube links in another window, you should be able to click the back arrow after each clip to get back to the blog post!).

If you know me even a teeny weenie bit, you know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas.

With that, you should also know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"

Love it.

That being said, we started our annual 8 weeks of watching that movie a week or two ago. Total nerds. We turn it on in our bedroom and snuggle down in our bed and giggle our hearts out. 'We' being the hubster and me.

Love that movie. It's inspirational. More on that in a moment.

The real life application of this movie is amazing. Hubster said that I had to post the "kiss his ass" scene....because every morning where he works, a group of management walks through the hangar to review the status of every plane. And he watches them, and thinks about this scene....Check it out:

Chevy Chase - Kiss His Ass

Last year, I had one day in particular which was just a really crappy frustrating today. (Funny tho, that I don't recall at all what the problem was. See how insignificant things can be in the grand scheme of things?). I sat down that evening, and pulled this link up to post to my facebook. While I didn't have a boss that sent me into a fit such as this (though, so many people do, right? Can I get an amen?), my day nearly sent me into a hissy fit like this:

Where's the Tylenol?

You may be wondering what the heck this post is all about? Well, this scene here inspired an idea in me. Clark Griswold is all about traditions

Old Fashioned Family Christmas

I love traditions, old and new. There's something about traditions that makes the Holidays so magical. I love hearing about other people's traditions. SO, thanks to our friend Clark Griswold, every Thursday from now thru Christmas, I'll be featuring a guest blog post from a bloggy friend sharing their favorite holiday tradition. Maybe it will inspire a new idea for you. Maybe it will just be nice to share a glimpse of what the holidays look like for other people.

While I fully expect these posts to incite warmth, joy and happiness into your lives this Holiday Season, I must leave you with a clip of one of my favorite "funny" Christmas songs. It totally cracks me up. (Tho, honestly, none of these things bothers me. I love it all!).

The 12 Pains of Christmas

Tune in Thursday for our first guest post!

------PS--LAST CALL FOR THE JEWELRY GIVEAWAY! Go HERE to enter!-------

No comments: