Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Awesome Biscuits-and a Tiny Prints contest!

I saw a recipe on Pinterest the other day (and let me just say, I have not yet fully gotten sucked into the vortex of Pinterest.... but I do peek around in there a bit!)

It was for 7-up Biscuits. Then I couldn't find the pin, so I just did a search for a recipe of that name. All the ones I found had Bisquick in them. I never have Bisquick around here. So with a little more searching, I was able to create them without Bisquick. These biscuits are super good.

In a mixing bowl, stir together 2 cups flour, 3 tsp baking powder, a little less than 1 tsp of salt. Drizzle in 2 T. oil and stir it around in there with a fork. Add 1/2 cup sour cream (not 'light') and stir it in with a fork. Should get crumbly like when you're doing a pie crust. Add 1/2 cup 7-up (I used Sierra Mist). Stir together with a fork.

The dough will be really sticky at this point.

Sprinkle 1/2 cup of flour on your countertop. Dump your dough on top of it, and knead some of that flour into it until the dough is no longer sticky.

I then formed mine into a thick square and cut it into 9 pieces:



In the bottom of a 9" square pan (or whatever you've got), melt 1/4 cup of butter. Place your cut biscuits into the pan and bake at 450 for 9-14 minutes. When they're golden, they are done. And they are GOOD. Give them a try!


And now... a Tiny Prints Contest! Tiny Prints is a great website for customized cards for many occassions! Right now they are doing a Talent Show contest
with categories such as Cutest Baby, Cutest Kid, Cutest Family, Cutest couple. Entries can be submitted until the 19th and the grand prize is $1000 plus a $500 Tiny Prints gift certificate! How sweet would that be for the holidays? Go to the contest link to see how to enter...and if my pics make the finals, I'll be sure to let you know :)

Have a great day!

No comments: