Tuesday, November 8, 2011

2nd Post of the Day?!?! Soft Pretzel Bites

I've lost track of where I am on the Worthwhile Challenge recipes, but I'm still trying to post them! Look at this-- 2nd post of the day! I had to post this, because it's a darn good recipe.

My friend Jodi has been on a cooking kick lately. Which benefits me because she likes to post her recipes to facebook and she has discovered some fun food sites that I have not discovered before.

Recently she posted a link to a recipe for Soft Pretzel Bites. I can't find the link she got it from, so I'm just recapping it from my experience making them today! These are ADDICTIVE. And their main ingredient is one of my freezer staples - Rhoades Texas Rolls. I use them for lots of things!

Before we begin...check out my white-trash window in my kitchen. Yep, the blind broke the other day and we haven't fixed it yet. We're so awesome.


This recipe is easy peesey. The hardest part is waiting. Thaw out some Rhoades Texas Rolls, and cut into fourths. Allow them to rise until double in size on a greased cookie sheet.

Bring a pot of water to a boil. And I don't mean get the water hot, I mean get it boiling. Toss your dough balls in about a dozen at a time and boil them for about 1 minute, turning to make sure that all the sides get boiled. This is where you're bringing in that chewy factor. Using a slotted spoon, set them on a paper towel lined sheet/plate.

Here's what they look like boiled. Nothing too exciting.








Once you've got them all boiled, spread them out on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush them with melted butter.








Now, you can choose your own adventure, or split the batch in half. You can mix some cinnamon and sugar in a gladware and toss four or five of the buttered balls in at a time, put the lid on, and shake it if you want a sweet treat. You can get fancy and make an icing glaze to dip them in (melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, bit of milk). Here's that yummy goodness.






OR if you are wanting savory, you can sprinkle them with a mixture of parmesan/garlic powder/italian seasoning. SO good. Would be good dipped in spaghetti sauce too. Brooke LOVED these, she's a savory kind of girl. Hannah LOVED the cinnamon ones, she's a sweet kind of girl. Matt and I loved them BOTH. SOOO good.






You should totally make these.

No comments: