Monday, February 7, 2011

Worthwhile Challenge #5-a cookie

My challenge recipe from last week is a little late since it's now this week that I'm just getting around to posting it.

Last week was a very tough one, to say the least. My little munchkin was sick. Like as in both ends sick. Starting late on Saturday night (like as in, January 30th)...and just finally getting back to her old self the last day or two. It sucked. To add to the already miserable mix of having a sickie, I had a big kid with three snow days last week.

And not the kind of snow days where you have mountains of snow to go have fun in. Noooo. We don't get THAT kind of snow day. We get "got some snow, but it's arctic frigid out there" snow days (as in-too cold for the kids to stand at the bus stop).

So. Sick munchkin. Snow days. Sick big kid hits just in time to go back to school. Mommy's body thinking it needs to get sick. Off for a scrapbook weekend (more to come on that later). It was hard to get the recipe posted.

But i DID get one made. Now I just need to catch up and do another one for this week! :)

The recipe I did last week came from the same church cookbook that our favorite cookies came from. While I think it's hard to really screw up a cookie...I mean, a cookie is a cookie as long as it's not burnt, it's probably worth eating...I don't see this one in our cookie jar too often. It was a drier, crispier cookie.

I kind of gathered that from the name of it; Crunch Drop Cookies. But I was in the mood to try a new cookie, so here it was. Good dough. Totally edible cookie. Just not our preferred kind. But if you're a crunchy kinda person, give these babies a whirl!

Here we go:
Cream 1 cup shortening with 1 cup white sugar and 1 cup brown sugar. Add in two eggs and 1 tsp vanilla and mix well.

Add in 2 cups flour, 1 tsp soda, and 1/2 tsp salt that have been mixed together.

Add in 2 cups oatmeal, 1.5 cups rice krispies, and 3/4 cup shredded coconut. Because everything is better with chocolate, I threw in about a cup of choc chips too. mix well.

Drop onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes. I removed these from the pan pretty quickly... as they did not seem to be the kind that would come off real easily once they started cooling.

And that, my friends...is your recipe for last week.

Coming up this week: scrapbook stuff, the return of a happy Hannah, and more!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I like your new background! Looks like spring...which I am so ready for!