Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oh, hannah.

Little miss thing has a cold.

Not even two weeks after she had a horrific stomach bug.

Since she has a cold (and won't give up her paci), she thinks she cannot sleep. Since she thinks she cannot sleep, she thinks she cannot stay in her crib. We've had the occasional instance where she has climbed out over the last six months....but today when I put her down for nap (after she got out of bed in the middle of the night trying to talk me into letting her sleep with me...and after she got out of bed this morning at 7:15 thinking it was time to get up though it wasn't)... she got out of bed about four times.

Finally, I had enough fighting her. I put her blanket on the floor in her room. (she can't climb back INTO the bed). I told her that she can either sit in that room and play quietly, or if she gets tired she can sleep on her blanket on the floor. But she was under NO CIRCUMSTANCE to come out of that room. It's been about 45 minutes now and I've had to tell her to close the door twice. Right this very second she's knocking on the door.

We went thru a similar thing with Brooke...when she was about to turn FOUR, not THREE, and was already in a big girl bed. That's when she got a dvd player in her room and started having a movie time in the afternoon. (She still does).

Needless to say, I'm not quite ready for Hannah to hit this phase...and her big girl room is not ready either.

Wish us luck on the transition, the staying in bed, and all that stuff. And feel free to impart any wisdom on such topics as well. I'm not looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Nance said...

I always weasled out and put the little non-sleeper in with the big brother or sister. I say put Hannah in her sister's bed! Let them snuggle up together. After all in about 10 years, they'll both be plotting against you and keeping each other's back. They can get a head start.