Monday, January 2, 2012

Cake highlights in 2011

I was so blessed to have a great year in my baking business! It kept me super busy, and was a good thing to balance with my travel business, since that is so up-and-down on 'busy times.' That being said, I also so enjoyed helping many more friends and clients plan magical vacations, particularly the Disney ones!

I thought I'd share some of my favorite cakes that I did in 2011. In no particular order:


Tangled cake with fondant crown:


I did my first wedding and groom cake this year. The cake was just white with red ribbon around it, then the florist topped it off.


A superhero cake


A very big snake:


One of my favorites, and one of the rare times I got to actually eat a cake that I did! This was for my Zumba instructors birthday, and I was so proud of how it looked on the table!



My first cake of 2011 and one of the cutest, a cake for a first birthday! LOVED it.




This one was just fun and girly:


The OSU groom cake that went with the wedding cake above.


One of my favorite cakes of the year, the entire thing is edible. Loved it. Of course it being Disney helped. :0)
A friend of mine always gives me pretty much free reign on what I want to do for her cakes. She asked for a bridal shower cake, a couples shower, and this is what she got. And I adored it. This cake was actually for the sister of the bride who's wedding cake appears above. Mother of the bride had this shower cake and then called me to do the other daughter's wedding cake. Fun!
Hannah is still talking about this cake and apparently I'm doing one for her birthday:
Another baby shower cake. I love how the bow turned out looking like leather.
Sweet baby dedication cake
An ariel cake for the daughter of one of our local meteorologists. I bought the Ariel cake topper, and she is sitting on top of a huge cake-ball rock.
A sweet froggy cake for a sweet four year old girl.
So thankful for the love and support of friends and customers in both of my business endeavors throughout the year. Please continue sending your friends to me for their vacation and cake needs! And if you aren't a fan of my Sweet Shoppe on facebook yet, head on over HERE and like me! Wishing you many Worthwhile Moments in 2012!!!

No comments: