Saturday, December 31, 2011

Highlights of 2011

Here are my favorite moments from 2011 for you on this New Year's Eve...
In January, it snowed...and we were happy!
In February, we celebrated Hannah's 3rd birthday
In March, we went to Iowa for part of Spring break, and met our newest cousin, Kennady (born in January). It's always so great to get together with family.
Hello sweetie pie
April brought us Brooke's birthday and a girly party with pedicures, lunch and Orange Leaf. It was a great day celebrating my 7 year old!

In May, we set sail on our 3rd Disney cruise. You can read all about it in the posts that I have on my sidebar.
While on that cruise I met Chuck, who has become one of my dearest, best friends this past year. I'm so blessed to have met him...definately one of the highlights of the year! And Mark is pretty great too...but I didn't have a pic of him :)
The cruise was May 28-June 3rd so I get to use it as my June highlight too....Because our day on Castaway Cay where we had a private cabana for the entire day was by far the best day of the entire year. Picture perfect. Awesome.

The most important moments of 2011 came at the end of June, when both Matt and Brooke decided to be baptised. It was the highlight of the year that has eternal impact, and it was awesome.
Not to be outdone by June, July had some pretty awesome moments too. We had another trip to Iowa for a family reunion. Below is my grandma with all but two of her great grandkids.
Me and my fellow Goonies. (My brother and cousins)
Papa Terry and Grandma Diane playing at the park that I always used to play at.
On the way home from that wonderful Iowa trip, we added to our family. We picked up MAX, a Shichon puppy (bichon-shihtzu). It was a BIG DAY and a SURPRISE for the girls.

And still, July continued to be fabulous with a mommy weekend away to KC to go to the NKOTBSB concert with my cousin!
Joey. Be still my heart.
Danica and I at the concert. Cousins...your first best friends.
Nothing says August like the start of school! We were thrilled beyond words to get the teacher we wanted, Mrs. Henry. She is WONDERFUL and it has been a fabulous school year!
A week later, Hannah started preschool!!! Three afternoons a week.
In September my mom came to spend a few days with us and we had a gorgeous morning playing hooky and going to the zoo.
October just would not be October without a trip to the Pumpkin Patch, always one of my favorite days of the year.
But one of my proudest moments of the year was when Brooke got her Principal's Honor Roll award!
In November, we got family pictures taken for the first time in about 4 years.
And my December highlight, other than Christmas eve at our church and Christmas morning with the girls (the pictures which I have not yet downloaded), was seeing my little princess sing in her program at preschool, and being at Brooke's school while all those kids sang Christmas songs. It was awesome.
I am so thankful for 2011. It was a really great year in so many ways. I pray that 2012 is just as great for you and for me! Happy New Year!!!!
What was the highlight of your 2011? Leave a comment and tell me all about it! oxox

No comments: