Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

Here's one of those somewhat-cookie-cutter posts... you have to follow up the trip to the Pumpkin Patch with a post from pumpkin carving, right?

Do you remember this picture?


Hannah was so proud of this pumpkin and so excited to pick it out. It looked good. Thursday night we went to get the pumpkins to carve, and it was rotting. Gross gross. We knew she'd be upset about her little pumpkin, so I ran and stole one off of Grandma and Grandpa's front porch. Crisis averted (kinda like the time a few months ago when MAtt got home and saw that Brooke's sucker fish had died. He ran to walmart and got a new one before she got home from school!).
Started to carve the pumpkins. Brooke's was like rotting inside? It was liquidy, and it STUNK. STINK STANK STUNK. It was so gross. Gag. We proceeded with cleaning it out (which partly included pouring it out. Gag). I worked on Hannah's replacement pumpkin and got the design put on the third pumpkin. Do you think the fact that we kept them in the garage for a week is what caused them to rot?



Hannah was a tired girl!





I thought Hannah would be totally grossed out cleaning out the pumpkin but she dove right in! She was very very interested in the whole process. The next morning she woke up and was very upset she could not find her pumpkin. They are currently on the backporch since someone already stole two of them a few weeks ago.
We always make them take their shirts off so they don't get pumpkin crap all over them. I had pumpkin crap all over me, Matt looked at my pumpkin-y leg, and then at me and said "you are taking a shower before bed tonight, right?" :)
Happy Halloween. Oh and guess what I'm handing out. Candy Canes. Ain't no joke. I have always thought that would be totally hysterical, and I bought some at Walgreens. HoHoHallow!

No comments: