Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Menu ideas

It has been awhile since I posted menu ideas.

To be honest, it's been awhile since I put together any sort of menu! I used to write the menu down one side of the paper with the grocery list down the other. Then I got on a great, adventerous cooking kick and decided to just have a variety of staples on hand to create whatever suited my fancy that evening.

Lately, nothing has suited my fancy in the dinner category. It was time to go back to menu planning for awhile. I must be on too much of a baking kick I guess! Plus I get tired of cleaning up the kitchen all the time... with the baking gig I have to clean up after that, so I have no desire to make a mess for dinner too! But, alas, budget requires that I do so.

Here are some menu items that have appeared recently, in case you too are in a rut. Please feel free to share your ideas in the comments section!

1. The ever-present Pot Roast
2. BBQ beef made from the leftover pot roast, with oven baked sweet potato fries
3. Grill night- Brats/Dogs, chips, fruit
4. Grill night- teriyaki steak and fried rice
5. canned soup and grilled cheese sandwiches
6. Cheesey Penne and Meatballs, salad, garlic bread
7. chicken enchilada pie, chips and salsa
8. Ham and Cheese calzone, fruit
9. Homemade Chicken and Noodles. I even make the noodles. I'm proud of that :)
10. Camp picnic night: Summer sausage, cheese, crackers, carrots w/ranch, apples* or bananas.

*speaking of apples, I recently bought a couple of Honeycrisp Apples. They are gigantic, and $1.99/lb!!! But they are FABULOUS. We are all enjoying them with a schmear of peanut butter on them. and I'm really getting a hankerin for some apple desserts!

Hope this helps get your fall menus kick-started! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You should google the apple bars recipe from Family Fun magazine and try that apple recipe. So very tasty!