Thursday, March 15, 2012

Disney Fever Thursday

It's Disney Fever Thursday my friends!!! Today I want to share with you a few Walt Disney World facts! Some little tidbits you might not know.

1. I have many clients who do not realize how big WDW is. Did you know, it's about 40 SQUARE MILES, which is about the size of San Francisco?!


2. WDW employs over 60,000 people. They are called Cast Members.


3. The pool at Disney's Beach Club resort has a sand bottom. It holds 750,000 gallons of water and it is the largest sand bottom pool in the world.


4. Spaceship Earth, the big silver ball at EPCOT, weighs over 16 million pounds.


5. Annually, nearly 6,000 cell phones, and 18,000 hats are turned into Lost and Found. They receive an average of over 200 pairs of sunglasses turned in each day as well.


6. The Disney monorail has about 14 miles of track in service.


7. WDW is a happy place. But I wouldn't go there over Easter weekend...where Magic kingdom has been known to reach 'capacity' and have to stop accepting guests for part of the day! Personally, we think May is a great time to go!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I would say that I wouldn't go there 8 months pregnant...but it's looking like I just may! And in the middle of the summertime too. Heat, crowds, and a giant beach-ball sized belly. Sounds like a blast, eh?