Sunday, April 24, 2011

Worthwhile Challenge Week 16 - Breakfast casserole

If I had been thinking, I would have posted this recipe before Easter morning so you all could try it for your Easter brunch too. Now I guess you will have to try it some other morning!


I was on brunch duty today. My goal was to make it simple, and not have a ton of food or a ton of leftovers. I made a Baked French Toast (the kind you make up the night before....I thought it was a little too custardy though), a fruit salad, Pineapple Dole Whip Floats, and Good Morning Sunshine breakfast casserole.


I loved the breakfast casserole. You can find it here. (Susan Mallery, by the way, is an author of romance novels that I just love. And apparently she likes to cook, because she puts recipes on her blog). For my version of this casserole, I used a pound of crumbled sausage, but you can probably use whatever meat you want (bacon, sausage, ham). Give it a try the next time you have a hankering for brunch!

No comments: