Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Worthwhile Challenge Week 14 - Dieters Beware Two-fer

Warning: This post may have a negative impact on your calorie counting for the day. You should probably NOT eat these both on the same day.




















This week you are getting a double. A double dose of AWESOMENESS!









Brace yourself.









First let me show you Herbed Monkey Bread. I think it should be called Parmesan Bubble Bread. Whatever you want to call it, I think it's yummy. But I kind of like carbs. (and therefore, I also must like Zumba).






Easy peesey. Take 9 or 10 frozen Texas Rolls (rhodes). Thaw and cut into 1/4's. (we've all made monkey bread before, I'm sure you know what you are doing here). Mix 2/3 cup shredded parmesan (not the sprinkle cheese), and 2 tsp of Italian seasoning. Melt 1/2 stick butter. Toss your dough nubbins into the butter a few at a time, and then toss them in the cheese mixture. Layer into a bundt pan. Actually the original recipe called for "24 ounces" of rolls. So I did the 9 or 10 and put them in a 10" cake pan instead of the bundt pan. Bake about 35 minutes. If they start to look too brown , cover with foil the last few minutes so they finish cooking but don't keep browning. I flipped mine out onto a plate like you would monkey bread.









It was so good. I loved it.









Brooke gave it two thumbs up.









Matt thought it needed more flavor.









Hannah gave her peanut butter and jelly two thumbs up. (though, on a side note, she's been giving BROCCOLI two thumbs up lately!).









Now for your mega decadence. Let me introduce you to a dish that I have indulged in both at the Grand Floridian resort at Disney World as well as on Disney Cruise Line. Soooo yummy.









And I got the recipe from this cookbook my cousin-in-law got me for my birthday last year:









Chilled Strawberry Soup. Are your tastebuds singing the Hallelujiah chorus in anticipation? OMG.









Thaw 2.5 lbs of frozen strawberries with juice.



Put into a blender along with (brace yourself) 2 cups of heavy cream, 1/4 cup sour cream, and 1/3 cup plain yogurt. Blend at low speed until smooth. (Can add a little extra sugar if you need to). Chill. Stir well before serving. Garnish with fresh strawberries, and if you're cool like me and Disney, take a little of that extra whipping cream, whip it, and pipe a little design on top of your bowl of soup.









Indulge.









go get on a treadmill.









Amen.

No comments: