Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Random Story: Let's go to Perkins!!!!

My birthday is coming up soon, and I've been thinking about French Silk Pie. I love French Silk Pie. Since I make cakes, I'm thinking a French Silk Pie would be great for my Birthday.


Matt, are you reading this?


Thinking about this pie reminds me of a story from back when the hubster and I were dating. This story is called "Let's Go To Perkins!!!!"


When Matt and I were dating, I'd come to Wichita to visit for the weekend and he'd usually put me up at the Marriott. (Matt are you reading this? remember when you used to put me up at the Marriott?). It was very nice of him to spring for such a nice place for a poor, broke youth director.


Anyways. One night, we got back to the hotel late and I was tired. I discovered a chocolate on my pillow (why did I have turndown service? I do not remember). Anyways, I ate the chocolate and about 10 minutes later, I was bouncing off the walls! (this was when I was young 20s and seriously enthusiastic and energetic!). I looked at Matt, and said "I want French Silk Pie!! LETS GO TO PERKINS!!" this was squealed and with a bunch of exuberance.


Now I know where Brooke gets her exuberance. Hmm.


Anyways, Matt, my even-keeled-rarely-gets-psyched-up-excited-about much guy, looked at me like I was on crack, and said "We don't have a PERKINS."

I look at Matt like he is on crack and say, "This is Wichita, you have to HAVE A PERKINS! Let's GO TO PERKINS! I WANT PIE".


He looks at me and says "how many pieces of chocolate did they leave on your pillow? And No, we do not have a perkins!".


I was pretty sure he was lying. But nonetheless, the sugar high entertained him for about 15 minutes, then promptly wore off and I was ready to crash.


I did not go to perkins. I did not get any French Silk Pie.


I don't really want to go to Perkins anymore (moldy salad in KC a few years later), but I do still want some French Silk Pie.


Honey, are you reading this?

No comments: