Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Worthwhile Challenge week 13- a new banana muffin

A long time ago, I posted a recipe for banana chocolate chip muffins. My kiddos love them, we all do.


The other day, however, when Hannah spent the morning at Grandmas house, they made these "Best Banana Muffins" from a small town cookbook called the Prairiesta Cookbook. I have a copy of this as well, and it has a lot of stuff in it! I'd have to say, if I were going to make banana muffins, I might pick these new ones first! Hannah and I made a batch the next day, and they are yummy!



With mixer, beat 3 ripe bananas, 2 eggs, 1 stick of softened margarine or butter, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 cup of brown sugar. (yes, brown. yum). Mix thoroughly, then add in 2 cups of flour and 1 tsp baking soda. If you're a nut, you can add in nuts. I am not a nut fan in baked goods.



(Okay, let's be honest, most baked goods have pecans or walnuts, two nuts that I absolutely hate. I'll eat cashews, almonds, and peanuts by the handful, but keep the pecans and walnuts to yourself!).



Bake in muffin pan lined with cupcake liners (filled about 3/4 full). Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test. These are so good. I prefer my muffins warm with butter on them. Like this one:


So yummy.



While my little chocoholic hannah gobbles down the ones with chocolate chips better, I think this one is my favorite. And right below this recipe in that cookbook? Herbed Monkey Bread. Soooooo going on my list of ones to try!

1 comment:

Aunt Debbie said...

Those look SOOO good....and I agree - I HATE nuts in things!! Ick.