Friday, March 11, 2011

Worthwhile Challenge Week 10-product review recipe

Last week when I was starting to think of what kind of recipe I wanted to try, I got a call from my mother in law. She had discovered a new product...Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cooking Creme. It's located in where the rest of the cream cheese is, and I found a coupon for it last weekend. She said they have recipes on the back. Sounded like a simple plan to me, and right now, simple is good.






I've got to be in just the right mood for cream cheese. I looked at the four flavor choices at the store, and decided the Santa Fe Blend sounded best. The recipe on the back was for cheesey chicken enchiladas.




I didn't really feel like making enchiladas though. So, after standing there reading the recipe, I decided to do this: Follow the directions but instead of wrapping it in a tortilla and baking it, I would cook up some penne pasta and stir it in.




And joila.... Chicken Enchilada Pasta:




I made this on Tuesday night for the family and then skipped out to go to Zumba. When i got home from my fab workout, I didn't feel like eating it. Matt had reported two thumbs up, Brooke had reported lots of thumbs up. Hannah had macaroni and cheese.




I ate the leftovers on Wednesday for lunch and thought it was pretty good! So if you're hankering for an easy meal, grab a tub of Cooking Creme and try one of the recipes on back!




Have a great day!


No comments: