Sunday, March 27, 2011

Worthwhile Challenge week 12- four ingredients to fabulous?

I saw a super simple dessert recipe over on the Joy's hope blog (it's on my sidebar).


It was for "Four ingredient blondies" simple. sounded good, and we needed something sweet in this house, since my kids have been nothing but piss and vinegar the last few days (to coin a phrase from various old folks!).


I'm not sure I would label this fabulous. Easy? Yes. Good? Yes? Do in a pinch? Fo Sho. Not a show stopper. Not something I'd whip up for company coming. But will we eat the whole pan? Oh...probably.


Here's the recipe. You have to love it for the simplicity and for the fact that you probably have all four ingredients.
Melt one stick of butter (I used margarine).
Mix with one yellow cake mix and two eggs.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Spread in a greased 9x13 pan and bake till done. I threw in some heath bits on mine too, which I liked.


Over on Joy's Hope, she speculated you could do this with any cake mix/stir-in type combo. I'm not sure. Maybe. But I can tell you that this version worked for me!


Time to get these monkeys in the tub so we can employ the electronic babysitter (TV) for awhile before bed.

No comments: