Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Worthwhile Challenge week 11-taters

hey there! So I DID do a new recipe last week, but with getting ready to go out of town for a few days, I didn't get a chance to post it! Here you go! Matt and I LOVED these, you know the drill with Hannah. Brooke liked them okay but she is kind of random on potatoes in general.

Parmesan Potatoes (or in our case, cheddar!).

Peel and cube 12 small-to-medium potatoes...your choice of what kind. I used russets, have also had these with baby reds and those were good too.

Put the taters in a big ziploc bag. In a bowl mix 1/4 cup shredded parmesan (not that pizza-sprinkle-cheese stuff, actual shreds) 2 t. salt, 1 t garlic powder, 1 t. paprika, 1/2 tsp pepper. Mix together, dump in the tater bag, close and shake.

Shake and bake taters? Maybe!

Drizzle a baking sheet with 1/3 c vegetable oil. Spread taters on there. Bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes. I like them to get a little crispy, so mine might take a little longer.

We didn't have any parmesan, so I omitted the cheese part initially, and then the last 15 minutes of baking, I sprinkled finely shredded cheddar over it all. It was good too!

No comments: