Monday, March 15, 2010

The Shred


Hello. Meet the butt-kicking, sweat inducing, ibuprofen poppin-causin' 30 Day Shred.

That chick on the front that is a little blurry in this picture? Jillian Michaels. The "tougher" Biggest Loser trainer (though I think Bob has his moments and is a heck of a trainer too).

Someone told me about this DVD and now I'm telling you.

I LOVE it. Not as much as I love Bon Jovi or his concert I went to the other night. Not as much as I love my family, Disney, and cookies. But as much as one can love a workout dvd- I love it.

Here's why. I can get it done. It is hard, but quick. On this DVD are three different workouts, of three different difficulties. Each one consists of warm-up, 3 circuits each made of 3 minutes strength/2minutes cardio/1 minute abs, and a quick stretch. 20 minutes. And in that 20 minutes I sweat more than I do an hour on the elliptical. I am breathing hard. I'm feeling the burn. Jillian does NOT mess around. I'm on day 8 and I can honestly say I'm doing pushups much better than on day one. (I hate pushups by the way). All you need are some hand weights and enough floor space to lay down and do crunches.

I've even challenged Matt to the 30-day shred challenge. Much to my surprise, he's on day 4 and hasn't skipped a day yet. And Matt hates exercising. Especially after a day at work. There was a day or two I thought he'd wimp out on me, but so far so good! :)

If you're looking for a workout, get this. Combine it with some walks in the gorgeous spring weather, and replace some cookies with carrots or fruit, and I bet you'll be feeling great. The DVD was only $9 at Target.

Have a great day!

No comments: