Thursday, January 27, 2011

Modern Family-TV Show

Last week, a friend of mine was telling me how funny she thinks the show "Modern Family" is... so I dvr'd this week and we just watched it tonight.

While I think it is a sad state of affairs that the real modern family today often includes divorce, and does not always consist of a mother (female) and father (male), I did still find the show totally funny. It did ring true though... whether right or wrong (and that's not for me to judge), today's "modern family" snapshots are not the same as they were 50 years ago!

One family's bit on the show tonight made me laugh and think of Matt and I. We've had several moments of, um...heated discussion...when I'm adamant that "his way" is not the ONLY "right way." (This is my blog, so I can say it like this. IF it was his blog, he may word it differently...lol!). That family bit also touched on "both parents can't be fun. There's one fun parent, and the other one has to be the responsible one." I wonder who plays the "fun" role in this house? I think it's usually me.... though Matt has his moments too! Perhaps the show is wrong... maybe there can only be one fun parent at a time, but we can take turns :)

There was another family where the (spanish-accented) wife was looking everywhere for her keys. The kid was in a mood, the dad was being sarcastic, "told you so"-ish, and unhelpful. The best part of the show is when the mom got her hands on the kid's new bb gun. Funny!

If you're looking for some laughs...and a break from all the reality shows (I'm a reality show junkie indeed), "Modern Family" might be a fun one for you to catch!

No comments: