Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Family Found

When I posted my year-in-review post on New Year's Eve, I said that we had a family get together with my mom's side of the family in June...but I couldn't find the pictures! I found them, so thought i'd post a few!




My cousin, Danica. She is two years younger than me and we've always been close. We grew up spending a lot of time together, some of my happiest memories are ones spent at their farm. We don't see each other as often as we should now, nor do we talk as much, but we've got one of those relationships where we will always know we'll be a BFF to each other no matter how long it's been. She's the one that came down to go to the New Kids on the Block concert with me in July 2009....and I'll be heading up to go to one with her in July 2011!! :)



Here are Danica and I's children... my two girls, and her daughter Kaisa, and son Thorstan.

Thorstan is just a few months older than Hannah, and Brooke is almost 2 years older than Kaisa.




The other two "Iowa" grandkids (this side of the family has the "floridians" and then the "Iowans" even though we "Iowans" are now in Iowa, Missouri, and Kansas). This is my nephew Brayton (in the blue) and Danica's nephew Joshua. (Joshua belongs to my cousin Derek and his wife Kelly). Both of these little guys turned one this past summer.... and Brayton will be a big brother in a few weeks and Joshua will be a big brother in June I think. Since this get together, our family had another new arrival-- Blake... born to my cousin Nick and his wife Katie. We've got babies everywhere! (Except here! lol).



A family get together with these guys is not complete without some games and without breaking out the poker table. Kelly (in red) is always the only girl to jump in on the poker action.



The little girlie cousins... Hannah, Brooke and Kaisa.


Love my family get togethers!

No comments: