But, alas, she is also seven, with an attitude, with a mother who is not a morning person. Here's the photo journey we had on school picture day.
1. Me: Brooke, smile so I can get a picture before the bus gets here.
Brooke: (see pic below).
2. Me: Come on Brooke, you can do better than that!
Brooke: (see pic below)
Me: That's not a smile, that's a grimace!
3. Me: So, who's your boyfriend?
Brooke: MOM!!! (see pic below)
4. Me: Is it Cody? Tanner? Dallas?
Brooke: ~laughing~ (see pic below)
5. Me- more guesses....
Brooke-- ~lots of giggles~ MOM!!! (see pic below)
6. Me- Come on, tell me! Is he your age?
7. Me - Well geez give your mother a hint!!!
Brooke - ~I'm just going to tell you he's in 2nd grade!~
Me- Thank God for that.
8. Me - more guesses.
Brooke - It's Chase!
Me - Chase, who?!?!
Brooke - Debbi's Chase!!! (mommy's BFF's son, they went to preschool together. She hasn't seen him for months).
Me - Does Chase know this?
And we didn't even miss the bus!