Thursday, May 19, 2011

Worthwhile Challenge Week #19-Apple Biscuits

Whew! Things have been busy in the Worthwhile Moments household! last weekend was busy with cake orders, all the usual life stuff, starting to get things organized for our upcoming vacation, and all that good stuff.








We are in serious countdown mode around here....to the end of school and to summer vaca. The weather has been wacky but we have spent as much time outside in the evenings as we can.










I've not been in the mood to cook much of anything. Not sure if it's just that there's so many other things I'd rather occupy my time with, or the changing of the seasons, or what.











Pioneer Woman posted this recipe on her page sometime last week, and I knew I had to try it. I like all things apple and all things biscuit. I think she calls it by a different name, and the original recipe used pineapple but both PW and myself used apples instead because that's what we had on hand.











But I'm calling them Apple Biscuits. Click here for the link to PW's post of the recipe... you have to scroll down a little ways in the post.





Here is my product freshly flipped out of the cake pan onto a plate:












And here is my serving with a healthy blob of home-made whipped cream. I had some heavy whipping cream to use up, and so I did!












These were pretty good. Not overly sweet like a cobbler or crisp, and I think the whipped cream is a MUST. I don't know that I could eat the entire biscuit part without the whipped cream. (I'd eat the top half of the biscuits with the apple/caramel stuff on it!). Kinda like pumpkin pie, every bite must have some cool-whip/whipped cream on it. But they were good, and easy!







Enjoy!

No comments: