Friday, May 13, 2011

Hearts Wide Open

A few months ago, someone I know on Facebook said on her status "I live my life with my heart wide open. Please do not come in if you are going to make a mess."


I read that and thought, "that is me. I'm that way too!"


My Dear Hubby always says that I am too quick to call someone a friend. I always say that I call someone a friend until they give me a reason not to.


I live my life with my heart wide open. I love people, because, well...God tells us to, right?


Does this mean that I've been hurt more than I probably need to be? Probably so. I've had people that I was thrilled to befriend, who ended up rejecting me or not wanting my friendship. That hurts. Rejection sucks. It makes you feel like you're not good enough.

But did it change who I am? No. Because I'm still going to live life with my heart wide open. Loving people and taking them in. Because for every butthead that hurts me or rejects me or makes me feel like I'm not good enough, there's another person out there who may end up being a real, true friend. Who may end up needing me. Who may end up being thankful to "do life" with me.


While I have no need for the buttheads who think they don't need me, I cherish the ones that end up being a real, true friend. And all I want to be is a real, true friend to someone who needs me to be.


So, do you live your life with your heart wide open? Do you let people in and cherish a new friendship as a gift from God? or are you one of the buttheads?

No comments: