Thursday, February 18, 2010

Selfish Sleeper?

I'm going to write this post fast because I've got to finish getting ready for the day... but I have been experiencing somewhat of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situtation in my sleep-life.

Before Christmas, Matt was getting up at 340 every morning to be at work by 5 a.m. Since then, as is typical for the first of the year, they've mostly been going in at their regular start time of 7a.m. I much prefer the husband who is not falling asleep on the couch at 8:15 at night, and he's not quite as crabby, which is a great thing.

But I'm not sleeping as well..... he's throwing off my jive.

When he gets up at 3:40, by 3:41 I've gotten myself snuggled up in the middle of the bed using his pillow (it's better than mine) and i proceed to have the best 3.5 hours of sleep of my night. I sleep better in this spot, by myself in my bed, with his pillow.

When he gets up at 540, I've already been in bed long enough that I'm not quite deeply sleeping anyways, and I proceed to hear his razor, and the shower, and him getting his lunch ready, and a mouse fart. I fall back to sleep maybe around 6, but it is not that wonderful-sigh-into-your-pillow-and-drift-away-to-dreamland sleep that I get when I commandeer my spot at 341a.m!

I miss my 3.5 hours of sleeping like an absolute rock.

Damned if we do, Damned if we don't. Sleep well, or have a conscious, non-crabby husband in the evenings? It's seriously a toss up!

No comments: