Saturday, February 11, 2012

RIP Dustin Jackson

Found out this evening that one of my classmates died in a motorcycle accident. Though we hadn't seen each other in 15+ years I would still call him a friend and it makes my heart sad.

We grew up in a small town and graduated with 93 people. I tended to hang around with pretty much everyone, and Dustin was part of my circle of friends.

The thing about Dustin was that he was a genuinely nice guy. He wasn't Mr popular. He wasn't a bully or a jerk or a scum. He was not arrogant or mean. He was genuinely nice to everyone. He was a great guy. He was one of the few guys in our class who really knew how to treat people.

Rest In Peace, Dustin Jackson. Thanks for being you. May Your family feel the love of God surround them right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dustin was my cousin. I haven't seen him in years, but he was amazing and I wish I would have said something to him this past week. Thank you for your kind words.