Saturday, August 6, 2011

Worthwhile Challenge #28 and #29

Oops! I missed my recipe posting last week! And I think I'm behind one or two, so I'm giving you a double today.


You would think with all the banana muffin recipes that I post here that I'm a big banana fan. The truth is that, apparently, we are not...because I always have an abundance of bananas that end up turning black before we eat them. Hence, the many muffins.



This is the link to the best banana muffin recipe I've tried so far. Really be generous with the crumb topping on each one. I'd tried this recipe years ago and it didn't turn out so great. This time, it really did. I think the key was making sure your butter in the crumb topping is quite cold...and I just use my hand mixer to 'cut it in' to the flour/sugar mixture.



Challenge #28 Banana Crumb Muffins.



I made the philly cheesesteaks again this week. Matt and I are loving them. Didn't have any provolone so i just used velveeta. I do prefer the provolone for sure. I bet pepper jack would give it an interesting twist too. Anyways, since the temp was only 99 instead of 109 at the time I made dinner, I decided to make some Ranch Potatoes. Super easy.



Take 3-4 potatoes. Leave the peel on and slice them about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Put them in a bowl with a lid. Drizzle about 2 T oil over them, and then dump in a pkg of dry ranch mix. Put the lid on and shakey shakey. Spread on a (sprayed with Pam) cookie sheet in a single layer, and bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. They're done when they get golden brown-ish. Browner they are, the crunchier they are. We like them when they are on the edge of turning crunchy. Very easy to throw in the oven while you make the rest of your meal.


Anyways, it appears that I am about 2 recipes behind schedule. I think I should be at #31 or so. I'll crank out one more bonus or two this week to finish catching up. This summer has just sucked for cooking, it really has!


Have a great one!

No comments: