I thought I'd share with you 30 dinner ideas so if you are in a rut, perhaps this will help you! Not that I can promise that! These are cooler-weather friendly...so I won't even cheat and say stuff like "grilled burgers" or "tortellini salad with garden veggies" since most of us aren't grilling or growing veggies right now!
I'll start with some of the obvious and try to pull out some more creative ones as we go along!
1. Chili and cornbread. Duh. Though I remember chili-days at school included applesauce and cinnamon rolls, also a lucious combination.
2. Homemade chicken and noodles. Yummy served over mashed potatoes if you're feeling a hankerin for more starch than usual. These are good served with cinnamon-candied apples.
3. Canned soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. (when we do this, everyone gets to pick their own soup!).
4. Chicken and cheese quesadillas with salsa, corn
5. Sausage and apple filled French Toast cups, hashbrowns, and smoothies
6. baked fish (tilapia) topped with panko-bread crumbs served on wild rice and cooked carrots
7. Baked pasta-prepare pasta according to directions, mix with a jar of spaghetti sauce and some shredded cheese, bake until hot and melty. Serve with garlic bread and salad.
8. Beanie Weenies. Not that my girls will eat the weenies. They both have to be in just the right mood for hot dogs. A little annoying!
9. Chicken cordon-bleu casserole: cube up chicken breast, top with diced up ham, swiss cheese. Smear can of cream of chicken soup over that, top with can of stuffing that has been mixed with 1 stick margarine and 1/2 cup water. Bake until cooked thru.
10. Grilled sandwiches-- get a fun bread, some deli ham, a tasty cheese, a little dijonaiise, grill it up like a grilled cheese. Serve with a pasta salad, raw veggies.
11. Snack night: summer sausage, cheese, crackers, little smokies, apples with peanut butter, etc
12. Pot roast. duh.
13. Taco ring (taco meat, crescent rolls, cheese, etc).
14. Grilled fish brushed with a little olive oil/cajun seasoning/lemon juice- served on toasted buns with cajun mayo.
15. Pancakes, bacon, and bananas
16. Chicken alfredo casserole
17. Lemon pepper chicken sandwiches with american cheese, served on toasted buns.
18. Creamed chicken on biscuits
19. Chef salad (with grilled chicken or rolled up lunch meat) and garlic bread
20. Faux Beef Burgundy served on tortellini; with green beans
21. Pizza Hut
22. Chicken salad in pitas or tortillas, served with chips and raw veggies or fruit
23. Chicken Parmesan sandwiches with sweet potato fries
24. Baked chicken served on rice
25. Scalloped potatoes with chunks of ham in it, peas on the side
26. Mini-meatloaves, mashed potatoes, green beans.
27. Homemade "runzas" -- thaw out Texas rolls, roll them out flat, fill with: ground beef mixed with beefy onion soup mix and cheddar cheese. Pinch together and let rise. bake till golden brown. Good with baked beans.
28. Individual pizzas, good on french bread or english muffins. Everyone can choose their own toppings.
29. Beef and noodles
30. Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup--- that recipe is on allrecipes.com - -check it out. Good with tortillas or fritos.
You can thank me later :)
Green Toys are 50% off Today Only
1 day ago