My friend Jodi had posted on her blog a fun entry titled "what makes me happy."
I'm stealing her idea-she stole it from someone else-and posting a list of things that truly make me happy.
These are in no particular order.
1. getting compliments on a meal or dessert I've made.
2. doing nice things for people just because.... if I'm having a crappy day the best way to make me feel better is to do some out-of-the-blue thing for someone else. Dropping flowers at a friends house, etc. Just makes me happy.
3. Disney World and Disney Cruise Line. Duh.
4. Listening to Hannah's ever growing vocabulary.
5. Having special Mommy-Brooke time. It just thrills her to death to go do some fun girly thing just with me, and it thrills me to thrill her.
6. Pestering Matt...I love putting cold hands on him in a warm toasty bed, tickling him when he's trying to go to sleep. I've got a very ornery sense of humor when it comes to antagonizing my husband.
7. Being told "I love you" or "you're a wonderful friend," etc --words of affirmation in general!
8. Little Debbie Christmas Tree cakes
9. Watching funny movies
10. Reminiscing with old friends
11. Crab legs
12. Getting little gifts...I like gifts. I like surprises. Feel free to randomly bestow them upon me!
14. Crawling into a freshly made bed. I got into the habit of changing our sheets every Friday a few months ago and I'm loving it.
15. Date night with Matt.
What makes YOU happy?
DIY Rocket Launcher
1 hour ago