Thursday, November 18, 2010

Random Musings from the last 24 hours

Here is a pictorial of some of my thoughts the last 24 hours.

Doing some tree decorating by the light of our first fire of the season. My thought is "why doesn't hannah pose for pics like brooke does? She's so in that uncooperative picture stage"

After this picture I took one of Matt putting his bubble lights on this tree. He was not happy I took his picture, to which I thought and said "It is my job to document the life of this family, do you or do you not want to be part of that?!". Lucky for him that picture is fuzzy.

Yesterday I did two cakes (two of five for the week). I'm darned impressed with myself on how they turned out. I made hello kitty out of chocolate. And I spent over an hour making all the green dots on the lego cake.



Brooke brought a note home from school saying they are making friendship trail mix next week. She is to provide a bag of Reese's Pieces, which I purchased at the store today. They have been staring me down ever since. I can't wait for Brooke to get home so I can put these in her backpack!


Nearly as important as the oxygen in my lungs these days. Damn Kansas.


For the first time ever, I bought vanilla beans today. Now I must figure out what to do with them. ie. what I want to make with them.


Thursdays used to be my favorite day of the week. Mom's Day Out is fabulous, until it is time to pick Hannah up and she screams, kicks and throws a fit as I have to literally drag her out to the car. She does not want to leave "school." She screams all the way home. It is not fun. My thoughts at those moments is "I do not get paid enough for this."


If this is true, I've got the happiest damn kitchen in town when I'm baking. There's stuff everywhere.


I had this for lunch today. It was soooooo good. I'll be nice and tell you how I made it very soon.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Cakes are gorgeous! Waiting on the lunch recipe! and Hannah's attitude is bound to improve at some point. My saving grace lately is I heard certain annoying personality traits in toddlers can turn into good personality traits as an adult...persistence, independance, strong will, and the list goes on!