Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tiny Dancer

I wanted to update the blog, but I'm temporarily distracted by an aching back, bills, and goopy contacts, so inspiration is running a little low.

I decided to stick the flash drive into the new computer and pull up pictures from two years ago today. We'll call it "Wednesday Flashback."
I picked two years ago because that's as far back as this particular flash drive goes.
Brooke spent the fall of 2007 and spring of 2008 taking pre-dance once a week at the Y. She was 3 / 4 years old. It wasn't a great time for listening for her so I doubt she learned as much as she could have...but she was exuberant and embraced nearly everything with enthusiasm. She's still pretty much that way.
That was the year that I was pregnant with Hannah. Every Tuesday I'd take Brooke up to the Y for class, and sit out in the waiting area chit chatting with other moms. I had Hannah that February, so one week (right after she was born) Matt even got to go chit chat with the other moms. (He didn't like it as much as me).

Anyways, two years ago in June 2008 she participated in her one (and so far- ONLY) dance recital. By the end of that year, I was tired of going weekly, and she was really tired of wearing tights. REALLY tired of tights. It had become a serious battle.
But it was all worth it to get pictures like these (in her $35 recital costume!):

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SOOOOOOO cute!!!!!

Marcy said...

Precious! I bet it does almost make the War of the Tights seem like a distant memory.

Also had to stop by and assure you that I am alive and well and still roaming around the blogosphere. I've had some changes at work and a lot less down time than I used to, but I'm trying to rearrange some life-things to get me back to blogging. Thanks for checking on me! :)