Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dear Neighbors

Dear butthead neighbors across the street,

For four years, your fireworks antics have been the bane of my existence during the 4th of July week. I try to ignore it. I try not to let it bother me. But I have to tell you, you are big time buttheads. Actually I usually use stronger language for you, but I'm trying to hold it together here.

Fourth of July is NOT about being inconsiderate to your neighbors. It's NOT about setting stuff off the entire week before the 4th. It's NOT about waking up the neighborhood little kids who actually go to bed before 9p.m. It's NOT about being inconsiderate of the fact that some people have to be at work at 5a.m.

Why you find it acceptable or entertaining to piss off nearly everyone on your block, I do not know. Why you can't teach your kids how to respect others, be considerate, and how there is a proper time and place for even fireworks, I do not know. You had one neighbor yell at you on Monday night. You had another neighbor yell at you last night. And yet, here it is, Wednesday night, and I have a feeling that there is going to be more inconsiderate behavior tonight.

Oh...there it goes. It's not even July yet. You are rude buttheads. I wish you would move away.

Someday, neighbors, the tides will turn. Just you wait.

Signed,

The pissed off people across the street.

No comments: