Friday, June 5, 2009

Garage Sales Suck

Greetings to you on this beautiful day from my friends' garage. We are having a garage sale and I am sticking to my original thoughts that I hate them!!

I've been married 10 years and this is my first garage sale. I venture to say it will be many more years till I have one again. I think they suck.

Thankfully Debbi brought out the laptop for me to entertain myself with as I babysit the sale by myself for awhile...since there's pretty much no shoppers. Where is everyone? I thought this town was full of garage sale nuts.

I have never been a fan of garage sales. They make me impulse by random stuff that other people don't find worthy to have anymore. I know a lot of people really like them and find some great deals. We actually have great deals sitting here right now too! I just don't have the patience for them.

And this little bit doesn't make a bit of sense to me: People will try to nickel and dime you on things that are dirt cheap already..."will you take a quarter for this 50cent item?" but yet they aren't even making offers on some of the "bigger" stuff. We have some pieces of furniture here, many lookers, commenters, etc...but no one has looked up and said "will you take ____ for it?"...and that's the stuff you WANT offers on!!! Hello? Make an offer on something where your offer is going to save you more than a buck! Geewhiz.

And I'm not a charity! The baby clothes I'm not really that worried about... I think I can take them home and craigslist them or consign them for more than I probably have them listed for here right now.... but I don't want to drag the other stuff home. Some stuff might get driven directly to Goodwill. geez.

I've even actually, as I'm sitting here, posted some things on craigslist so that I'm being productive in SOMEway. It's just such a bummer to have worked so hard to get all this stuff ready, and to have it going so slow!? Weird I tell ya.

Oh well such is life....
And how is YOUR Friday going?

No comments: