Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Worthwhile Challenge Week#24 - Spanish Rice

Needed a quick, easy, small meal the other night. It was like a jillion degrees outside and we'd had a big lunch, so dinner was kind of an afterthought... It was also close to grocery day meaning we did not have much in the house.



Enter this:









I always have some of these in my cupboard of varying flavors. Makes for a great, easy yummy side dish. That night, I discovered on the back an easy main dish. Easy spanish skillet (or something like that). I've since of course thrown the package away so this recipe I will be winging it, but if you go buy this rice, chances are the recipe is on the back!


Brown one pound of hamburger in large skillet and drain grease.




Add in 1.5 cups water and bring to a boil.


Stir in one can of corn (undrained) and the rice package.


Bring back to a boil, then simmer, uncovered, until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is cooked off. Stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese until melted. Top with more shredded cheese. Eat it up!




Matt, Brooke and I liked it considering the fact that it was a quick, easy, mostly packaged food. Hannah had spaghetti-os. :)

No comments: