Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Yummy Place

When Matt and I went to Vegas, we found this yummy little place in the Bellagio - the Jean Philippe Patisserie. I say it is yummy, though we didn't get anything there since we'd just had a huge lunch at Serendipity. But everything LOOKED yummy and it was at the very least a feast for the eyes.



The first thing it had was the World's Largest Chocolate Fountain. Check it out:






It had some extremely delectable little desserts:


One of Brooke's favorite desserts on the cruise, and one of my favorites as well, were the little fruit tarts. I really want to learn how to make those; particularly that gel/jello like substance that goes over the fruit to make it pretty and well preserved while still tasting fabulous.

They had some amazing cakes:






There was a lady doing made-to-order crepes; which in the past I have not liked but I have a feeling these would have been fabulous:


I took these pictures planning to do a blog post, but over the past six weeks I've been otherwise distracted! Now that we are settling into our new stride, I can spend a few moments just chattering about the sweetness of this yummy place.
Now, if you know how to make those fruit tarts, please deliver one to my home immediately. Or, go buy me one from Picadilly. That'll do. You love me don't you? Then get me a fruit tart :) I mean really, when was the last time anyone did some random-act-of-kindness for me?
Fine. Be that way. :0) In the meantime, have a great weekend!

1 comment:

the Provident Woman said...

That place is great! I hope to go there some time.