Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Our 'not very busy' summer

I asked Brooke today if she has had a fun summer. Her response?

"Yeah, it's been fun. But it hasn't been really very busy...."

I told her summer was supposed to be lazy and she disagreed. And then tonight I went thru my pics on my iphone and I have proof that our summer has been busy for sure!

The proof:

Bike riding (and finally ditching the training wheels for Brooke).

Fishing....


Going to the park on several occasions.....

Lots and lots and lots of swimming.....


A trip to Kansas City.....


Sleepovers with friends and lemonade stands....


Several bowling outings with friends and a week of VBS....


A weekend visit from Papa Terry and Grandma Diane....


Let's not forget kicking the summer off with a great four days at church camp...!


I don't know what she's looking for in summer entertainment, but I think ours has been pretty full! She doesn't think we've done much around the house...like 'project' stuff...well...we've been busy doing all this other stuff. Plus it has been a gazillion degrees so we haven't gotten to do a lot of things outside. One more reason to look forward to fall! I think she forgets that there are things that have to get DONE at home too...like laundry, cakes, cleaning.

So. Don't listen to Brooke. We've had a great summer! Gonna squeeze as much goodness out of the next two weeks as we can too!

No comments: